Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
Yesterday was Tuesday, right? But today is Tuesday too!
The fact we STILL reblog these posts every Tuesday five seasons later should be convincing enough to bring Gabriel back already
It’s just a jump to the left
And then a step to the riiight
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tiiight
But it’s the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insaaane
Let’s do the time warp again
My absolute favorite Tumblr post of all Time.
to anyone who is utterly isolated and doesn’t know about tuesdays this must be the most confusing gifset like ok this attractive guy is eating a taco and now another attractive guy waking up was he dreaming about the taco did the taco guy wake him up how was he sitting at the table if he was sleeping what do these gifs have to do with each other
I was expecting the text to explain, not further confuse me.
[muffled heat of the moment in the distance]
that time Karen had the laugh of her life while Arthur remained unimpressed (x)
Space gooseberry!” they shout in unison. This happens a lot when they’re talking. At one point in the interview they’re just meowing at each other. Two years doing the time-warp does funny things to a person. When we first caught up with this trans-dimensional Mr & Mrs in the current series they were on the brink of divorce. In real life, however, Karen and Arthur are a hooting, karate-chopping double act who are clearly going to miss each other.
Before each night is done
Their plan will be unfurled
By the dawning of the sun
They’ll take over the world.
I know one person who wouldnt like the season finale
I bet Ten would’ve been a bit conflicted as well… Well maybe not as much.